We would love to have you come and partner with us in the ministry of Crestview Church. Below are several different ways that you can help us as staff, and join in with us. This is a great way for staff to build ongoing relationships with you and for you to contribute in the giving of your time, energy, creative ability, and resources. Please contact any of the below staff members directly of you find any of the volunteer suggestions interesting. If you think of an idea where we can partner with you that isn’t listed, let us know that too!
Sydney Yapoujian: Worship Arts
- Familiar with selling items on the web, such as Craigslist or Ebay? We have several electronic and drum items that need to be sold, as well as other odds and ends.
- Filing of worship team charts and music. If you love to file and organize, this would be a great help to the Worship department.
- Have a passion and gift of singing or instrumentation? Calling all musicians and singers: Don’t be shy, and don’t wait to be asked! Let Sydney know that you are interested in joining the worship team and/or seasonal choir.
- Artistically minded or have ‘crafty’ skills? We regularly change the visual elements for our sanctuary for different worship seasons, experiences, and message series. Help needed to create art as well as help install and/or take down of “sets/decor” when needed.
Debbie Ash: Building and Grounds/Office
- Weekly folding of bulletins on Sunday mornings before worship.
- Various building and grounds projects from time to time from landscaping, yard maintenance, to skilled work in areas of church maintenance: electrical, plumbing, and carpentry, etc. Have a skill or talent in any of these areas? Would love to partner with you.
- I need people to cover my jobs while I am out for three weeks at a time with World Renew: printing and folding bulletins, clean the church before and after Sunday (a paid position), checking and locking up doors at night, washing linens and restocking bathroom supplies.
Jackie LaMaire: Children and Youth
- Admin support volunteer: 2x a year (August and January) I would like someone to partner with to help request background checks, and update our filing of this data.
- Easter morning volunteers: Looking for 3-5 volunteers for Easter morning to help hide eggs EARLY, around 8am (high schoolers and adults would be fine)
- Elementary Sunday School Teacher needed: 1 elementary Sunday School teacher to substitute for Ruthie while she heals her knee (February and March)
- Summer Young Children’s Worship Teacher Volunteer: This is a great way to serve our kids through the summer!
Cat Russell: Information Manager
- Photographers and Videographers! You could contribute photo/video content in different ways when we have a video shoot for a new project or visuals for a new message series. We are also looking to keep our website and other social media flowing with good images – this includes sending pictures taken of happenings in the life of Crestview Church and our community. Let me know of your interest and I will keep you in the loop of what we are looking for.
Mark Quist: Pastor
- Like theological reflection and biblical discussion? Would you like to brainstorm thoughts and ideas around sermon series? I’d like to gather some people together once a quarter and talk Scripture and message series.
- Keeping our creek bed clean and church grounds inviting. I’d love to partner with a few people in this work. It clears my head to get out for an hour or so and keep Skunk Creek flowing well. This includes periodic sweep of the creek bed for trash, dammed up sticks, raking, and occasional clearing away dead branches from trees (chain saw work.) Let me know and I’ll give you a call.